Accountant And Bookkeeper
About the business:
Murphys Park Development Limited Partnership is dedicated to property and land developments in the Auckland region. We have several projects on hand with spectacular potential.Due to the growth of our organization, we have full-time positions available for an Accountant and a Bookkeeper to take on the varied and busy role.Accountant:
· Prepare and maintain correct budgetary strategies, plans and accounting policy to improve company financial performance· Undertaking the preparation of financial reports and general reports to the board and other stakeholders.· Examining compliance of financial data with relevant statutory requirements.· Analyzing and managing operational costs, income and expenses for projects.· Advising on all accounting matters including but not limited to:
budgeting, forecasts, sale and purchasing, financing, tax and risk.· Preparing GST returns, PAYE, AIL and tax returns.· Liaise with the external consultant. Qualification and Experience:
· Bachelor or equivalent degree in accounting.· Minimum 3 year? s post-qualification accounting experience, with at least 1 year as an accountant. Bookkeeper:
· Maintaining financial records and monitoring daily account transactions using business accounting system· Monitoring business cash flow and debit/credit payments· Assisting in preparing financial sheets, budgets and expenditures from collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account transaction data· Handle daily accounts quires and reconcile accounts against monthly bank statements· Preparing/reviewing invoices, cheques and bank deposits for the business practice and arrange payments· Verifying financial transactions and ensure business to be complied with legislation· Assisting in the preparation of staff payroll, PAYE and GST returns for the business Qualification and Experience:
· Diploma level tertiary qualification in Accounting or above· Minimum 1 year?s post-qualification work experience in a similar role, preferably in the same industry Ideal candidates for both role are expected to:
· Previous experience in using accounting systems such as Xero and MYOB.· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel (advanced level preferred).· Attention to detail and a ?can do attitude?.· Excellent verbal (telephone) and written communication skills, and ability to communicate in English effectively.· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.· Team Player - willing to help fellow team members and to support the overall company culture.· Relevant experience in the property/land development business would be advantageous.
If you like the sound of the position and have the experience we need, then apply now.Please send us a cover Letter along with your CV to email@example.com for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.