Customer experience team leader
We believe small businesses makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want to ensure millions of small businesses continue to thrive by enabling them to connect through beautiful software, advice and networks.
We’re looking for an approachable, fun, high performing Customer Service Team leader to join our award winning Customer Experience team in Wellington.
Due to an internal promotion, we’re looking for an outstanding Customer Support team leader to lead our global Direct Bank Feeds team and help them keep #delighting our customers with outstanding service. The Direct Bank Feeds team supports our customers to connect their business accounts to Xero and get their financial data into Xero straight from our partner banks. Our team do an exceptional job getting everyone set up and help accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses across the globe resolve issues and get the best from Xero.
As the Bank Feeds Team Leader your role is to effectively manage and enable your team to ensure outstanding customer support is delivered to Xero customers and partners. This role has a global function and you will manage an international global team. This role will give you the unique opportunity to influence product improvement and drive technical changes.
Working closely with your global team of Senior Specialists you’ll provide hands on day to day management and leadership of the Bank feeds team in New Zealand and work closely with the global teams in Milton Keynes & Denver. A key part of your role will be to make sure the team has the right resources and support to do a great job (and love doing it), that personal development opportunities are identified and that people know what they’re doing well and what we could do better.
To do this you will:
- Build great working relationships with your team, be a positive mentor and have honest conversations when needed
- Be the point of escalation, always willing to step in with a particularly tricky customer or when a staff member needs support.
- Effectively manage schedules and resource availability conjunction with other Team Leaders
- Work closely with the global CX team to share information and stay up to speed with product developments
What are we looking for?
At Xero our team and our customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we’re looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about delivering excellent customer service and mentoring and growing a positive, passionate team of #humans. We’re looking for:
- People leadership & management skills and experience in leading a team in a Customer Support environment
- A fantastic relationship builder, keen to get to know your team and people across the business
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Fantastic communication skills
- A proactive attitude and strong problem solving skills
- An understanding of banking processes would be beneficial but is not essential
Why you should work with us!
We’re offering a high performing, fun work environment that encourages you to take ownership for your career and be the best you can be, as well as a competitive remuneration package and all the awesome perks of being a Xero like ping pong tables, free fruit, soft drinks & coffee and great social events. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in an organisation making a real difference to small businesses. To peek inside Xero and see who we are, check out #dobeautifulwork on twitter or Instagram.