Customer experience team leader
We’re looking for an approachable, high performing Customer Service (CX) Team leader to join our award winning Customer Experience team in Wellington.
The “CX Core” team supports the core Xero product, they help accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses resolve issues and get the best from Xero.
Your role is to effectively manage your team to enable outstanding customer support is delivered to Xero customers and partners at all times.
Working closely with our current Wellington Core Team Leader you’ll provide hands on day to day management and leadership of the Core CX team in Wellington. You role will be to ensure the team has the right resources and support to do a great job (and love doing it), that personal development opportunities are identified and that people know what they’re doing well and what we could do better.
To do this you will:
- Build great working relationships with your team, be a positive mentor and have honest conversations when needed
- Be the point of escalation, always willing to step in with a particularly tricky customer or when a staff member needs support.
- Effectively manage schedules and resource availability for the NZ Core team in conjunction with other NZ Team Leaders
- Collaborate with the global CX team to share information
- Build positive relationships with the Product, API, Billing, Sales and Documentation teams so you know what’s happening when
What are we looking for?
At Xero our team and our customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we’re looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about delivering excellent customer service and mentoring and growing a positive, passionate team of #humans. We’re looking for:
- People leadership & management skills and experience in leading a team in a Customer Support environment
- A fantastic relationship builder, keen to get to know people across the business
- Sound judgment, high level of initiative, the ability to self-manage and multitask, excellent organisational and time management skills
- Fantastic communication skills
- A proactive attitude, high level of attention to detail and with strong problem-solving skills
- An understanding of accounting and small business would be a plus, but isn’t vital
How do we make a difference?
Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Why you should work with us!
We’re offering a high performing, fun work environment that encourages you to take ownership for your career and be the best you can be, as well as a competitive remuneration package and all the awesome perks of being a Xero like ping pong tables, free fruit, soft drinks & coffee and great social events. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in an organisation making a real difference to small businesses. To peek inside Xero and see who we are, check out #dobeautifulwork on twitter or Instagram.