When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organisation has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific, ANZ
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites scattered across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Christchurch, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth, our scope covers life sciences; specialty diagnostics; food, dairy & beverage; environmental & industrial; healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.
Reports to: Human Resources Business Partner, New Zealand
Position Location: Auckland, New Zealand
How you'll make an impact:
You will primarily support our Auckland based manufacturing business units. This includes a Bioproduction operation that makes products that are used in the process of developing drug and vaccines to improve human health and save lives and an operation making laboratory consumables for the food, dairy and healthcare sectors. You will initiate, drive and support forward thinking HR programs and processes that contribute to the achievement of business objectives by improving performance, retention and satisfaction of employees.
What will you do?
- Support the implementation of Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ and global HR programs, processes and initiatives
- Organisational development activities and initiatives and coordinate training programs including apprentice, NZQA offerings and internal ANZ training courses
- Recruitment and selection activities, partnering with the Talent Acquisition team, to provide local NZ support
- Organise and participate in employee on-boarding activities for newly hired employees.
- Facilitate ongoing employee development and engagement activities to enhance individual and team capabilities
- Coach and support line managers through employee relations issues from leading investigations to supporting performance improvement and disciplinary processes
- Participate in key change management initiatives for business units/teams.
How will you get here?
- HR or Business related tertiary qualification or equivalent
- Employee relations experience preferably within a manufacturing context
- Experience in effective performance management processes
What will put you ahead of the competition?
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, integrity and honesty
- A collaborative approach with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Problem solving ability and curious to understand more about the business and leverage HR tools and resources to achieve results
- Self-driven, results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
What’s in it for you?
- Working with a dynamic and motivated team in a generalist HR opportunity
- Challenging, interesting work with a variety of responsibilities & projects with problem solving
- An opportunity to change and improve processes and programs
- Development opportunities being part of a leading global organisation
- Access to Thermo Fisher’s global university
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.