Quality control supervisor
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific NZ
Over 350 employees bring a wide variety of skills and expertise to deliver world-class science products and solutions. Our manufacturing and distribution sites in Auckland and Christchurch (and satellite sites scattered across the country) cover a vast product portfolio, including lab equipment and chemicals, life sciences, diagnostics, microbiology and analytical instruments. We deliver science solutions to a wide range of key markets such as academia and research; diagnostics and healthcare; environmental; food, dairy and beverage; industrial process; life sciences; pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical.
Quality Control Supervisor
Reports to: Quality Systems Manager
Position Location: Penrose, Auckland
Number of Direct Reports: 8
How you'll make an impact:
You'll be part of a friendly and dynamic team that supports our customers in the development of life changing drugs & vaccines. This is a front line leadership role which involves supervising a quality control laboratory, and team of 8 QC Analysts to effectively complete the day to day quality control testing, quality assurance processes, and compliance activities.
What will you do ?
- Provide leadership in supervising the day to day quality control laboratory activities.
- Demonstrating a high level of customer focus and responsiveness including direct interaction with customers (and regulatory agencies) during audits.
- Providing a high level of technical and scientific leadership in a broad range of laboratory and in-process testing disciplines including, but not necessarily limited to biochemistry, microbiology, cell culture and analytical chemistry.
- Ensuring a high level of conformance to the established quality system (rigorous application of the principles of ISO 9001 and cGMP).
- Lead, supervise, coach, and develop staff within a progressive team environment.
- Co-ordinate, approve and maintain Thermo Fisher Scientific Quality Control documentation such as SOP’s, standard forms and log books.
- Working hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
How will you get here?
- Tertiary Science qualification preferably in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and / or similar field of study.
- Experience working in a cGMP/ISO 9001 environment in a QA, QC role.
- In-depth knowledge base in quality control laboratory methods, quality assurance methods, and regulatory compliance standards including ISO9001 and general cGMP requirements.
- Several years as a senior quality control technician and/or at least 2 years as a quality control supervisor
Other Job Requirements:
What will put you ahead of the competition?
- Experience in biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, regulated health care, medical products or food industries
- A disciplined, thorough, methodical and systematic approach
- Great at multitasking and prioritization.
- Proven leadership, team building and team participation skills.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets, quality and inventory systems
What’s in it for you?
- Work within a strong culture of process improvement and lots of great tools
- Access to global systems training and professional colleagues
- Embedded quality system
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities on the job and through Thermo Fisher University.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.