Registrars — ed registrar (commencing asap)
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Dunedin Hospital as an Emergency Department Registrar. There are several opportunities available between the end of July and November 2019.
Dunedin Hospital is a tertiary level hospital of 400 beds located in central Dunedin, New Zealand, servicing the city of Dunedin and the wider Otago region.
Where do I fit?
You’ll be part of a team of FACEMs, Registrars and House Officers managing approximately 45,000 patients annually, with a full case-mix including trauma, medical, surgical, paediatric, and minor presentations.
What’s in it for me?
- A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Dunedin is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance.
- To find out more about living here please click the following link
- The opportunity to provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work
- Excellent support and opportunities for development with one of the highest Consultant : Registrar ratios in the country
- Exam preparation support for both Part I and Part II ACEM trainees resulting in a high pass rate for both examinations
- 6 months of accredited advanced ACEM training (application underway to increase this to 12 months, which is expected to occur in early 2019)
- Accredited Paediatric logbook training
- The opportunity for accredited rotations to ICU, Anaesthetics, Surgery, Medicine, and Paediatrics enabling ACEM trainees to fulfil a significant portion of their College requirements, and the University of Otago (located in Dunedin) offers papers meeting the criteria of the ACEM Trainee Research Requirement Coursework Pathway
- Dedicated fast track time, protected teaching time, access to the University of Otago 4.10 course, exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital, 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, and regular RMO forums
- Free meals when on duty
What do I need?
We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience and a keen interest in experiencing life on the front line.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz .
Where do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com quoting the vacancy title and reference number.
How to Apply Please apply direct using the apply now button within this advertisement Questions? If you have any questions regarding this position please contact the Linda Geros at firstname.lastname@example.org
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below. Apply Online »
« Back to Vacancies List