Registrars — Orthopaedic Registrar - Commencing Asap
Southland Hospital, Invercargill - Southern DHB
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital as an Orthopaedic Registrar.Â�
You’ll be part of a dedicated team providing comprehensive elective general orthopaedic services, as well as 24-hour Orthopaedic Trauma and Orthopaedic Emergency care.Â� You will also have the opportunity to undertake regular outpatient clinics in Queenstown.
Excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision
One year of accredited training at any level for RACS/NZOA trainees, 24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career.Â� The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work.Â�
The scope of your work will be varied and will include exposure to a range of subspecialties including:
- Trauma surgery
- Joint replacement
- Spinal surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgery
- Occupational Medicine
- Upper Limb Surgery
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, and secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand.Â� The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland.
To top it off a lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages.Â� Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance.Â� To find out more about living here please click the following link https:
Access to a number of Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago
One week’s free accommodation, free parking and free meals when on duty.
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience, preferably including at least six months Orthopaedic experience.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.Â� You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.Mcnz.Org.Nz.
- If you are interested in applying for this role please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- A current CV and cover letter. Please rank the runs you are interested in working in your cover letter.
- Contact details for 3 Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants will have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by an RMO Recruitment Advisor from the Southern DHB.
- The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service.Â� Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
- Complete an application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the Recruitment Advisor linda.Geros@southerndhb.Govt.Nz quoting the vacancy title and reference number.
How to Apply
You can contact the Recruitment team by emailing linda.Geros@southerndhb.Govt.Nz
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact the Recruitment Advisor using the contact details given above.
To send your details in support of an application please click the button below.
Apply Online »
« Back to Vacancies List