Service coordinator - auckland
Are you Passionate about our Community?
Do you want to work alongside a team who are committed to excellence in Home based support?
We’re looking for that someone special who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide service coordination support within our Penrose Branch. What do we do? Healthcare NZ Community Health is the leading provider of community based Home Support, rehabilitation, nursing and mental health services in New Zealand with offices in 38 locations across New Zealand.
What does a Service Coordinator do? You will be responsible for coordinating home based support services to people in their own home. This involves client case management, assisting in the recruitment, employment, management and training of Support Workers, rostering and scheduling staff, developing and maintaining relationships with referring agencies, and monitoring and reviewing the quality of service provision.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in the health and disability sector preferably within a community setting
- Is able to lead and manage a team of people
- Is able to demonstrate superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including negotiation
- Has great organisational and time management skills
- Uses initiative and innovation to solve problems
- Can work autonomously and as part of a cohesive and results driven team
- Has New Zealand residency
- Has proven proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to manage working with different IT systems
- Disability/health or related qualification
- Experience in working with people in the community (Aged Care, Intellectual Disability, Physical, sensory or neurological disability or Autism Spectrum disorder)
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to develop professionally including access to our HHL Learning scholarships programme.
- A robust orientation and induction process which will equip you with the right knowledge in order to be successful.
- The support of a friendly and multi-cultural team.
- The opportunity to proactively develop a career pathway within a large and multifaceted national health care organisation.
To apply for this position or to view a detailed position description, please refer to the links below
If you have any queries please contact Sommer.Corrigan@healthcarenz.co.nz
Job offer will be subject to satisfactory police vetting
Applications Close: 31 May 2018