Technical model risk manager
Seeking a subject matter expert in risk and technical models to develop methods for managing risks associated with their technical implementation.
A New Zealand Bank
Building Line 2 risk capability across model implementation by engaging with your stakeholders to promote sound risk management principles and provide them with insightful advice, guidance and practical support that will advance goals and enable sustainable risk management outcomes.
- Work with Senior Management to translate Board approved risk appetite into model risk management policies.
- Establishing a clear OR vision and objectives for model risk which are aligned to the Group’s broader risk management strategy and appetite.
- Maintain these policies and provide SME advice to line one on their application within and across divisions, including control design and testing.
- Provide proactive advice, training and support to line one including scanning the internal and external environment for emerging risk, providing insight into the aggregate risk profile including optimisation opportunities and best practice.
- Support line one with incidents and issues including the review and challenge of actions/ root cause analysis.
- Contribute to line two reporting on the aggregate model implementation risk across Company.
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with other line two Risk teams.
- Champion our efforts to strengthen Company risk culture.
- Liaise with Commonwealth Bank of Australia on model practices
- Manage processes associated with Company operational risk capital model including quarterly OR portfolio reviews, refreshes of model inputs and where necessary engagement with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Security counterparts on policy, industry and monitoring outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications required.
- Financial services experience managing Technical or Model Risk.
- Experience in models within large organisations.
- Strong knowledge of operational risk management.
- Strategic Thinker.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
Be part of a dynamic; highly committed company that loves what they do and value their employees.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.